Overview of PreviSat
This is a satellite tracking software whose purpose is to help you monitor and observe the position of artificial satellites in real-time. The tool is able to offer predictions about satellites’ passes and Iridium flares.
Moreover, It features a clean feature lineup where you can view the satellites on a world or sky map.
There are also several built-in parameters that help you gather important information about the position of a satellite in different frames, osculating elements (Keplerian orbital elements), TLE (two-line element) set for computing the position of a satellite at a particular time, predictions, Iridium flares, as well as other handy configuration settings.
Features of PreviSat
- It offers support for two built-in modes when it comes to observing the displacement of the satellites in real-time or manually setting the time for displaying satellite positions.
- What’s more, you can get comprehensive information about the satellite numerical position in different frames (terrestrial, horizontal, equatorial), several characteristics, such as velocity and magnitude, the position of the Sun and Moon, the Cartesian position of the satellite, and osculation elements, apogee, and perigee, orbital period, as well as info about the brightness and dimensions of the satellite.
- Predictions of passes
The program gives you the possibility to calculate the passes of artificial satellites for any location on Earth by specifying the start and end date, location, Sun elevation, minimal elevation of the satellite, and other details. The results can be exported to TXT file format.
- What’s more, you can determine Iridium flares for a given location and view the terrestrial coordinates of the location next to your place of observation when the flare reaches the maximum level, as well as calculate orbital events and determine ISS transits with the Sun and/or Moon.
- TLE tools and location settings
PreviSat enables you to manage TLE orbital elements by updating the categories of orbital elements from the Internet and uploading data from TXT, TLE, or GZ file format.
The tool lets you select between several location categories, add or delete a location or category, as well as hide or show various elements on the map (e.g. Sun, night shadow, radar, Julian date, the names of locations and satellites, coordinates).
- An overall efficient satellite tracking software
To sum it up, PreviSat proves to be a reliable application that comes bundled with a powerful package for helping you observe the position of artificial satellites.
- Supported OS: Windows 7/8/10
- Processor: Pentium IV or higher
- RAM: 1 GB RAM (2 GB recommended)
- Free Hard Disk Space: 200 MB or more