Overview of Krita Studio
This is a free, open-source digital painting tool designed for designers, illustrators, texture artists, and matte painters as well as for the VFX. It has been in development for more than ten years and has recently experienced a growth explosion. It offers many common and innovative features to help both amateurs and professionals alike.
Moreover, it comes with many methods of selecting parts of your canvas in order to edit them. You can select with shapes such as rectangles and circles, paint your selection, polygon selection, select by color, select by Bezier. You can add, remove, or intersect to your selection.
In addition to that, You can also make a selection by layer contents by context clicking the layer and clicking “select opaque”. You can create a transparency layer by itself, or add one to an existing layer. This is a great tool for non-destructive changes.
Features of Krita Studio
- An intuitive user interface that stays out of your way
- Add a stabilizer to your brush to smoothen it out
- Quickly pick your color and brush by right-clicking on the canvas
- Customize your brushes with over 9 unique brush engines
- It is easy to create seamless textures and patterns now
- Import brush and texture packs from other artists to expand your toolset
- Use a drawing aid to assist you with vanishing points and straight lines
- Do quick vertical and horizontal mirroring with the tools on the toolbar
- In addition to painting, Krita comes with vector, filter, group, and file layers
- Highlight a portion of your drawing to work on
- Nondestructively work on layers with masks
- It supports full-color management through LCMS for ICC and OpenColor IO for EXR
- Supported OS: Windows 7/8/10
- Processor: Pentium IV or higher
- RAM: 1 GB RAM (2 GB recommended)
- Free Hard Disk Space: 200 MB or more